Saturday, January 29, 2011

Craigs List Finds!!

image 2149422021-0
image 2182235930-0

I was looking around Craigslist the other day and found the cabinet in the first picture.  I do believe that's a window they've used for the door.  How cute is that??  : - )   I am keeping the picture for future inspriation... 

The second picture was posted on craigs list, too.  I called the guy that had 3 doors listed.  I'm seeing a headboard in the future of the door on the left!!  He said $50 each.  I'm definitely interested in the 2 glass doors.  (There is a 3rd door in the picture - it's behind the door with the glass, and it has glass, too, only without the dividers.) Hubby and I went today to pick up the 2 doors with the glass, and the guy said he'd take $100 for all three................ and THEN he threw another door in the mix.  It's a 15 pane door.  He gave me all 4 doors for $100!!!  The 15 pane door will definitly be my headboard.  I'm still thinking about what to do with the other 3 doors. 

Does anyone have any good ideas???  I would LOVE to hear them!!!

Then the door guy told me about a place where they sell antique architecture........  So, hubs and I headed over there.  WOW - - this place had OLD doors that were like 5 feet wide by 13 feet tall -  that's a SINGLE door, NOT a DOUBLE door.  We found 2 identical doors that each had a solid window in the top half,  and I think, 2 horizontal panels in the bottom half.  In the middle, there was a shelf like contraption on each one.  They would be WONDERFUL to make an entry way coat rack thing...........  but the thing is....  they wanted $400 for the pair..................well - THOSE doors are still where we found them.   They had a bunch of cast iron stars and a few diamonds!!  I got 2 stars for $10 each.  We also got a very unique door knob with a back plate that had a W on it...........  (Incase you hadn't noticed - - I have a 'thang' for monograms....)  And the last thing we picked up was a wooden soda box...  Since Donna over at Funky Junk interiors has everyone thinking 'center pieces'.....  I thought the soda box would be a great base for a center piece!!

I have a couple of projects that I'm working on, but I doubt they will be done by next weekend.  I will post pictures as soon as I can!! 

Have a great weekend, everyone!!

Hugs !! Suz

2 comments:

  1. I love that cabinet!! It's a fantastic piece!
    ~Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope Craigslist doesn't catch on to us bloggers! LOL. Can't wait to see what your workin' on.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I always try to reply back!