Sunday, January 10, 2016

My Recent Projects

Hey, y'all!  Since Christmas is over, I'm now able to post all the projects I worked on.

First up:  I made 2 jelly roll race quilts.  One for my daughter, and one for my son's girlfriend.
They love them!






I used Under The Mistletoe and Evergreen.  They were easy - - AND - - I had them long-are quilted.  The sweet lady that did them used to camp with my dad. She did a great job and now.....  I want a long arm quilter!!  SSHHH  Don't tell Mr. Inspiring!!

I also made a stocking for a Secret Santa swap  I was in.  It turned out pretty good!  My person really liked it!


It was the first time I machine quilted something that detailed and I really enjoyed the process.

Next up and most recent, I made a baby quilt for a friend of mine who's getting ready to have her first little bundle.  They found out it's a boy and Killian is the name they've chosen.  Sarah is an animal lover. They have 3 dogs and 5 cats and are always nursing strays and kittens.  I chose some puppy dog fabric and I'm really happy with the way it turned out.  I did a disappearing 9-patch on the front, and patched a little bit on the back.




I quilted it with brown thread.  The above pictures are during.  Here is finished!




I also made some matching cloth diaper burp cloths.  I think they turned out pretty cute, too!!




And I end with a tip.  I make my own binding.  I hate when I iron it in half, and it piles up on the floor.  I have cats and the binding appeals to their playful side.  Not a goot thing with an iron around.

I started keeping it together with a pants hanger that clips.  That way it stays neat and clipping it helps keep the crisp fold down the middle.



Currently, I'm working on 2.25" hexies. I want to make a quilt for my bed.  I've not gotten to do that yet!!!

Hugs ~~ Suz

4 comments:

I love comments! I always try to reply back!