So this year I decided to make a traditional quilt for the Breast Cancer Awareness Auction. I really like the Disappearing 9 Patch. I found a great tute here, and I thought that looked easy enough for a first quilt.
I made my 9 patch blocks out of 4" x 4" squares of fabric. Since this is for the breast cancer dinner, I decided to make it pink. Imagine that, right??
I have 25 blocks made. Here are pictures of some of the blocks.
Since this is for the Breast Cancer event, I also threw in some fabric I have that supports the awareness as well.
I laid all 25 blocks out in a 5 x 5 pattern. I really like it like that, so I'm thinking I'm not going to make them disappear. Instead, I'm going to put a white border around each block, and perhaps a dark pink square at each intersection. I have 8 1/2 weeks to get this done. So if I don't post much through the next few weeks, blame it on the pink!!
Here are the last pictures I took before sitting down to write this post. It's of my helper/inspector......... I wonder what he's thinking..............
He looks pretty content - - I believe he approves!!
I'll keep you posted on this project.
Thanks for stopping by!!
Hugs ~~ Suz
I'm linking up to these parties: