Thursday, August 25, 2011

Hello? I'm in the bathroom......

I haven't been posting much lately, and I'm sorry about that.  But now, I'm back, and I'm going to posting a few right in a row, and I'm sorry about that, too.... 

As you know, I've been working on my quilt.  I'm still quilting it, by hand, and I've got more than half of it done.  Hand-quilting, I believe, was the big thing that was holding me back from jumping into quilting.  I just have to say:  I love it.  I love it all.  Yay!!!

But that's not the only thing that's been keeping my from posting.  Nope.  For the past three and a half days, Miss C and I have been working on our main bathroom.  Do you remember the show "While You Were Out"?   That's what we've been doing. 

Mr. Inspiring left Sunday morning for a class in Iowa.  And you know what they say....  "While the cat's away, the mice will play"....   

I don't have any finished pictures to post yet because, frankly, the room itself isn't 'done'.  I didn't stop working until about 10:30 or so last night.  I need to clean it, then move the fun, decorative stuff back in.  And I need to make my shower curtain.  All that will be done tonight.  So for now, here's the before and during pictures.

When we moved into the house, the bathroom was boring.  Eight years ago, nobody was really using a lot of blues or turquois in their rooms, and there wasn't anything 'cute' you could that I wanted to try to do with 2 baby blue sinks, a baby blue toilet and a baby blue bathtub.  From the 60's.  They were gross.  Cracked. Nasty.  Yuck....   A couple of years ago, we had sink issues, and one of them started leaking.  So we replaced them with a couple of Bone colored sinks and got a new countertop.  Then I painted the room a different color.  It was a brownish tan, and when it went up, it just looked PINK to me.  To tame it down, I started to sponge paint a creamy tan color over it.  I didn't like that either.  So for the past couple of years, it remained not done.  It even still had the blue tape up around the window and doors and toilet paper holder.  I was unmotivated and it was ugly.

Here are the pictures of how it looked until Sunday.

Baby blue toilet.  Notice?  No baseboards.....



Nice, all one color kind of vibe, eh?


Are you diggin the nice cabinet?  Nice 60's kind of lines to it, wouldn't you say?  Well, it stayed, just got painted during the project!


And how about that half linoleum/half carpeted floor?  That metal strip in the center?  I found out what kinds of yucky things like to live there......  Dirt Catcher!!



Better shot of that nice cabinet.  Like I said - - it did stay!



AAhhh  there's that beautiful baby blue tub!!  Ain't she a beaut??


The shower curtain really did have all the colors in it.  But I hated that shower curtain!!  It got stained from WATER.....  Weird!!  Love that yucky caulking around the tub??  It's gone, too!!

This is a picture of the wall of the shower.  Instead of putting up concrete board and tiling it, someone contacted the local vanity company that made 'marble' bathroom sinks and countertops, and had them make 'walls' for our shower.  I think this is the item in particular that had me unmotivated.  What do you do with something like this?  What if we pull it out to replace it with tile?  Who knows what's back there and what kind of problems it will cause?  And how do you take that crap out, anyway??  (just so's you know?  the bathroom downstairs has a tiled shower.  they (i don't know who they is) actually put the tile on PLYWOOD.  Nope - - they didn't use anything waterproof.  They really put it on PLYWOOD.  Can you say DUMBASS????  We will be doing MAJOR renovation on that bathroom.  Nobody needs to use it right now, so we're not under the gun to get it done.

So that's my before.  I'll post during pictures in a couple of upcoming blogs.

Thanks for looking!!   Come back soon!

Hugs ~~ Suz

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I always try to reply back!