Friday, August 19, 2011

Guess What Came in the Mail Today??!!

On my last post, I told you that I won a sewing basket from Wantobe Quilter.  It arrived today!!!

Thank you, Madame Samm!!  I love it!!

This box was sitting on my front porch!!

Have you ever seen so many stamps on one box??  WOW - I sure hope you were able to use the self-stick stamps and didn't have to lick all of those!!! 

I opened the box up and found a ton of goodies!!   I love it all!!! 

Thank you so much!! 








Thank you!  Thank you!  Thank you!!


On another note, I've not been able to post very much the past week or sew.  I'm still working on my Breast Cancer quilt - - I'm hand quilting it.  First time - Evah!!   (Duh - - my first quilt would be my first time to quilt!!)  Before I ever tried it, I thought the task to be daunting....  take forever, never get it done....

But it is going a lot quicker than I anticipated and I love doing it.  The quilt has 25 blocks and each block is a 9-patch.  That means that I have 225 three and half inch squares....  I have 92 of them quilted!!  That means, in my way of thinking (and of course I'm right  *smile*) that I am 41% finished!!  And I have until the end of September to get it all done!!  In all honesty, I am such a procrastinator!!!  I am amazing myself with this task!!  Woot! Woot!! 

I'm not going to post any more pictures of the quilt until she's done!!  And then, when I do post the pictures, I'm asking that everyone be kind..........  and keep in mind - - it's my FIRST one!!!! 

Have a great day and weekend, everyone!!

Mr. Inspiring is going out of town for a few days and Miss C and I will be performing our own little "While You Were Out" transformation of our bathroom.  I will be posting pictures of that - - the good, the bad, and the ugly!!  And hopefully, the after pictures will show all good and all 'presentable' at least!!  ha!

Hugs ~~ Suz

1 comment:

  1. Don't you LOVE when a package comes in the mail from a creative friend? Congrats on your win. Nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I always try to reply back!