Tuesday, July 26, 2011

My Favorite Zucchini Recipe


This is my favorite zucchini recipe and these muffins are fresh out of the oven!!   I {heart} this time of year.  All of the fresh produce coming into season!! 

I found this recipe on http://www.allrecipes.com/.  It is called:

Zucchini-Chocolate Chip Muffins

1 1/2  cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup milk
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup shredded zucchini
1/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup chopped walnuts (this time I only had pecans - - they're great, too!!)

In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.  Combine the egg, oil, milk, lemon juice and vanilla;  mix well.  Stir in dry ingredients until just moistened.  Fold in zucchini, chocolate chips and walnuts.  Fill paper lined muffin cups 2/3 full.  Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 - 25 minutes, or until the muffins test done.  Remove from tins and let cool on cooling rack.

Yield:  12 muffins



These muffins freeze well!!  They are so moist and yummy!!

Please let me know if you try them!! 

Do you have a favorite zucchini recipe you'd like to share??

Thanks for stopping by!!

Hugs ~~ Suz


Linking up to these parties:

Photobucket" />


HookingupwithHoH

3 comments:

  1. I've never tried zucchini in muffins, but these sure look good!!

    Thanks for linking up to Your Whims Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebecca - These are soo yummy!! I love zucchini bread and have a recipe that adds shredded carrots, raisins and nuts.... very good, but this muffin recipe tops that one!!

    Thank you for stopping by!!

    Hugs ~~ Suz
    inspiringcreativeness.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'll have to give this a go when my courgettes (as we call them over here) go into over drive! I made a lovely chocolate and courgette cake last year. It was from Riverford Organic Veg if you google it.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I always try to reply back!