Saturday, April 28, 2012

Still Alive!!

Hi, Ya'll ~~ I'm checking in to let you know that I am still alive and as onery as ever!! It's been a busy Spring and I have so sucked at keeping posts updated on my blog.

The shed - Pa Pa's House according to our grandson - is finished and wonderful!! We've had a party out there the last 2 weekends and have had so much fun. The first party was a going away party for Son #1. His work is sending him to EGYPT for at least 2 months and this momma ain't too happy about it....... I'd feel MUCH better if he were going to Canada!! But it is a good opportunity for him and he will make good money so............ I don't have too much say in it. That means that grandson and I will be doing some serious bonding!! Cody leaves Monday. :-( But - - in searching for that silver lining that helps me make it through these kinds of things, I'm thinking that his being in Egypt just MIGHT cause me to stress just enough to lose some poundage??? Like maybe 10 - 15 lbs???

 Party #2 was a surprise birthday party for one of our good friends. We had been planning it for nearly 3 months and he didn't have a clue! We are all very proud of ourselves for pulling it off!!

Sad note - Mr. Inspiring's grandma passed away at the end of March. To me, she was the epitomy (sp??) of God's Grace. I never heard a cross word come from her. She ALWAYS expressed how thankful she was for everything she'd ever been given. She appreciated everything anyone ever did for her. She loved life. She loved her family. She loved her friends. She loved our Lord. She's in Heaven now and is our family Guardian Angel. She is dancing and singing with Grandpa and Mr. Inspiring's daddy. She has no more pain and is not suffering from Altzheimer's/Dimentia any longer. She is beautiful and peaceful and helping our Father ready Heaven for the rest of us. Until we meet again, Grandma Ruthie....... xoxoxoxo

I've been hand quilting - stitch in the ditch - my red quilt and I'm finding it is a rather crazy task. The backing that I chose is red fabric with small white print. It's hard to see my stitches and I've caught myself quilting parts that I've already quilted..... I don't think I'll stitch in the ditch again. It's driving me crazy.

Well - - that's what's been going on, in a nutshell..... What have you guys been up to?? Hugs ~~ Suz

2 comments:

  1. Hello!!!!! glad to know you are alright, Wow! you have been through a lot recently. best wishes...keep strong and tight hugs. I have been busy nesting, keeping positive and trying to live in the moment and enjoy it. life is short and fragile. oxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi and thanks for the comment! I figured I'd be hearing crickets!!! Life IS short and very fragile! Have a good week and guess what??? I'm in the process of making another post!!! Yay, me!!!

    Hugs ~~ Suz

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I always try to reply back!