Thursday, February 26, 2015

First Quilt of 2015

I made the following quilt for my boss's daughter who was scheduled to be induced to have her sweet baby girl today!  After talking to Sandy (grandma and boss's wife) I found out that the nursery was decorated in pastel pink, pastel lavendar, and pastel teal - - all in butterflies.

Do you know how hard it is to find pastel butterfly fabric right now??  I spent HOURS looking at all the online fabric sights I could think of......  no luck............

So I decided to search butterfly quilt blocks.  I figure that I could at least have the colors in the shape of a butterfly.  I came across the pattern, Painted Ladies from Fig Tree Quilts and I fell in love.  You can find the pattern here .


I went to my (sort of) local quilt shop to choose the fabrics for my quilt and I ended up getting some wonderful reproduction fabrics!!  FINALLY!!!  I get to use some of this colorful,soft lusciousness!! (and please forgive me.....  I don't remember what lines these fabrics are from!  I was too excited to pay attention.....)






I do believe that the darker purple is my favorite.  You probably can't see it real well in the picture, but the print is from the nursery rhyme Hey Diddle, Diddle.  It's so cute!

So here's the picture of the whole thing.  And the back - - I believe the back is from Riley Blake.... I love how this fabric feels and when I pulled it out of the dryer???  All that warm, quilty crinkliness was mine to enjoy!!  My favorite part of the quilting process!!




The quilt measures out at about 50" x 50", which is a really nice snuggly size!  The pattern called for 30 butterflies (5 rows of 6) and I cut it back to 16 butterflies (4 rows of 4).  I love this quilt!!

I just hope Baby Aspen and her family enjoy it!!!

Here's a picture of the quilt I made for her brother, Nolan a couple of years ago.  It wasn't as big because his grandma wanted it for his bassinet.


My next project is a t-shirt quilt for my son-in-law!

Thanks for stopping by!!

Hugs ~~ Suz

1 comment:

  1. You have such a sweet spirit to make and gift such heirlooms! Love, love, love the butterflies!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I always try to reply back!