Monday, November 28, 2011

Christmas Tomato?


Every year, from Thanksgiving to New Year's day, my hometown has Avenue of Lights set up in one of the parks.  Last year, when we went through, I saw some of these Tomato Cage lights.  How awesome is that?  So simple and so pretty.



Mr. Inspiring has an aunt that lives in Kentucky, and we only really get to see her at Thanksgiving.  She is so crafty and always, ALWAYS makes something for all us girls.  That's usually 7 of whatever it is she's making for that year.  Other than my mother-in-law (her sister) no one makes and gives her something back.  Well, I started returning the favor a few years ago and it's so much fun! 

This year I made this Christmas tree for her.  All it is is a tomato cage, 200 mini lights, a ribbon and some jute.  I wrapped the lights around the cage.  Then I wrapped the ribbon around it and tied it off with jute.  She LOVED it!!  She plugged it in as soon she got it!  Yay!! 

This is a SUPER EASY project and inexpensive.  The tomato cage was $3.50 and the lights were purchased on sale for $2.00 a strand.  So that's $7.50.  I already had the ribbon and the jute!!

(I'll have to take pictures of the adorable snowman she made me and post them up for you!!  I'm telling you - - She is T-A-L-E-N-T-E-D!!)

Thanks for looking! 

Hugs ~~ Suz

I'm linking up here:

1 comment:

  1. Oh how much fun! :0)
    You are so sweet to give back.
    I bet your aunt was so
    touched by your kindness.
    Have a great day! Trish

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I always try to reply back!